Wednesday 7 May 2008

Comment One

This is a comment on Jennys post on Being too religious http://kittyvonspatulabeingbad.blogspot.com/

I agree with Jenny about the children on 'Baby Bible Bashers'. I watched probably the first few minutes and had to turn it off, it really was strange. There is always so much in the papers about cults, and to have documentaries like this on tv is probably a good thing, to make more people aware.
When my mum was growing up, she had catholicism shoved down her throat; my grandparents were really strict with their children, so when I was growing up my mum wanted my life to be different. I did take my first communion though, which I now know my mum was more or less bullied into, but it was different for me, only my grandparents took it seriously.
Seeing those children on the documentary made me realise how lucky I was as a child, and how terribly unlucky those children are, to have their childhoods taken away from them like that. They may be happy now, but will they be in 30 years time and they realise their young lives have gone?!

No comments: