Tuesday 6 May 2008

Infidelity


Infidelity is a very touchy subject with me. Not only have I been cheated on in the past, but my parents got divorced due to infidelity. My parents had a very volatile relationship, to say the least, and were often throwing each other out the house, but the last time my Dad left, it was because he had started seeing someone else. Not just anyone else either, she was my Mums best friend. Now, when I think about the reasons behind it all, I struggle to understand why I forgave him. Not only did they break my Mums heart, but also her husbands, mine, and my 'step brothers' hearts. Infidelity is wrong on so many levels. How can you possibly think you love someone if you can do that to them? It isn't just about you, it's about everybody you're close to. I'm quite lucky now, I get on well with my step family again now, and my Dad is happier than he has ever been. I just wish I could say the same for my Mum. This website has some advice on coping with infidelity http://www.partnertherapy.com/node/1418

No comments: