Sunday 4 May 2008

Stalking


I was thinking about stalking after the 'being bad' lecture, and I realised that most of my girl friends, at some point during their teens, have stalked a boy they liked. I remember really liking a boy when I was 15, and I used to sit outside his house with my friends, waiting for him to get back from work. Looking back now, I have to laugh; seriously, as teenage girls, do we really think that stalking a boy will make them like us?! No good can come from it surely? Girls will admit more readily than boys that they've stalked someone before, which seems a bit strange. It's behaviour that people expect from girls, but not so much from boys. I have a boy friend who denies outrageously that he has ever stalked anyone, but I distinctly remember him following a girl from school around everywhere, on the off chance that she would speak to him. She never did. So, stalking; Is it being bad? Or is it a part of growing up that we all endure?http://www.culturewars.org.uk/2007-03/nicol.htm This website is quite good, well worth the read!

No comments: